The Prairie Dulcimer Club was founded in 1972 to promote the art and music of dulcimer.
- To pursue the enjoyment and preservation of the hammered dulcimer, mountain dulcimer, as well as other acoustic instruments.
- To provide a safe venue for players of all levels of expertise to learn new tunes and develop playing skills.
- To promote opportunities to perform beyond the scheduled club meetings.
- To foster community appreciation and awareness of our instruments.
- To jam together and enjoy one another’s company.
Click on name to email:
President: Otis Watson 913-909-8035
Secretary: Debbie Leavitt 913-775-2401
Treasurer: Mary Richardson 816-882-2334
Newsletter: Rita Young 816-763-3975
We meet the third Saturday of the month at the Westminster Hall, 417 West Lexington in Independence, Missouri. The church is located on the southeast corner of Pleasant and Lexington (Westminster Hall, diagonally from the church).
9 am to 3 pm for instruction, potluck and jamming! Guests welcome!!